**********First Time Players In The Youth Program Receive Equipment Items 1-4 On Loan For The Season****************
1. Helmet (NOCSAE-approved helmet). No hockey helmets.
2. Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
3. Lacrosse Arm Pads
4. Lacrosse Gloves
5. Lacrosse Rib Pads recommended for attackmen (optional)
7. Mouthguard - best ones have a strap which can attach to the helmet facemask
(buy two, fit them both, and then keep one in the car as a spare). NO CLEAR ONES.
9. Black Shorts
10. White Socks
11. Lacrosse stick (see description below)
Note: Goalie equipment will be supplied by WYLC.
1. All Bantam sticks must be from 37"- 42" long
2. Lightning short crosses must be 37-42"
3. Lightning long crosses can be 42"-52"
2. Junior and Senior attack/middie sticks must be 42"- 62" long
3. Junior defenseman sticks must be from 42"- 62" long
A maximum of three long crosses (not counting the goalie) per team
During the early season practices it is cold and sometimes rainy. If that is the case, then please layer your child with outer and under layer clothing. The clothing should be blue, white or black in color. We suggest clothing such as:
1. Polypropylene full-sleeve jersey (worn under the equipment). Underarmor, Nike, Champion are common brands available at places like Sports Authority.
2. A thin water resistant breathable top
2. Polypropylene long underpants. Many kids prefer UnderArmour.
3. Water resistent running warm up pants
4. Thin gloves liners (such as those worn under ski mittens)
Please do not dress your child in a winter coat or ski pants since we will run a lot and he/she will overheat.